imagePROGRAF iPF840 MFP M40
A 44-inch wide powerhouse scan-to-copy / file / e-mail system designed to enhance productivity for medium to large workgroups, with dual media rolls and high speed throughput, the imagePROGRAF iPF840 MFP is a complete production imaging solution. Designed for AEC, CAD and GIS technical documents and general use, the iPF840 MFP provides a fast and effective system for copying, archiving and distributing maps, drawings, renderings, site and facilities management plans, design and layout proofs, posters and more.
With true 1200dpi optical resolution, CIS scanning technology for incredible line definition and accuracy, and room for documents up to 44" wide, the iPF840 MFP is a versatile imaging solution. And with dynamic preview and a large, simple-to-use touch-screen interface, one-click scanning/copying has never been easier. Comes standard with the ability to scan to PDF, JPEG, and TIFF file formats.
Equipped with dual media rolls, the iPF840 MFP eliminates the cause of many bottlenecks in busy printing environments. Automatically switch between different media type, sizes or use two rolls of the same paper for printing of large, consecutive runs. With a 320GB hard drive, excellent media handling, and on-board support for HP-GL/2 and HP RTL files, the iPF840 MFP is a complete and easy-to-use imaging solution for any professional with a need for intricately detailed full-color renderings, CAD drawings, GIS maps and other large-format output.
- Complete Scan-to-Copy / File / E-mail / Cloud Connectivity and Print Solution
- Customize your solution with a choice of configurations from 36" to 44"
- Interface options: 19.5” All-in One LCD Touch Panel PC or 22" LCD Touch screen interface
- SingleSensor (CIS) Scanning with Bi-directional LED light system for incredible line definition and accuracy
- Up to 13 inches per second scanning
- 1200dpi optical resolution
- Next generation SmartWorks MFP Software for intuitive and flexible operation
- Scan to PDF, JPEG and TIFF up to 15m in length
- 2,400 x 1,200 dpi fast printing with Flat Stacker/Basket
- Optional: SmartWorks MFP Plus with updated user interface - provides additional file format support and functionality to SmartWorks MFP Software
- 44” Dual roll for maximum productivity with high capacity basket
- High capacity 330ml/700ml hot-swap ink tanks – change whilst printing
- Blistering speeds with fastest economy printing mode
- LUCIA 5-colour ink system with new magenta ink for wider color reproduction
- Clearer quality on CAD drawings for precise detail
- High-volume continuous printing with built-in 320GB HDD
- Enhanced HP-GL/2, HP-RTL support and AutoCAD optimized driver
- Manage costs and track ROI with accounting software
- Direct Print & Share software and cloud ready
Scan-to-/File/Share Cloud Solution
The iPF840 MFP M40 is an affordable solution for providing fast, high-quality, large format image capture-to-output. Designed to be more than just its parts, it is the versatility of the product that makes it stand out. This multi-component system gives the user the opportunity to be more productive. The open architecture of the computer can be used to load additional programs, among other things. The printer's ability to print on a wide variety of media lends itself to uses in many departments and applications as well.
A versatile system built for the way you work, the imagePROGRAF iPF840 MFP M40 includes:
- M40 Scanner
- iPF840 44-inch printer
- Two-media roll system
- SmartWorks MFP software
- All-in-One HD Multi-touch PC
- MFP stand
The M40 scanner incorporates a SingleSensor assembly technology, which helps provide consistent and better color accuracy with more detail in the shadows and highlights than a staggered CIS array scanner.
- 1200 dpi optical resolution, 9600 dpi maximum resolution
- Image scanning of up to 40" wide, fits documents 42" wide
- Scanning speed of up to 13 inches per second monochrome, 3 inches per second color
- USB 3.0 interface, 75 Mbytes / sec transfer rate
- Scan documents up to 2.0 mm thick
- Face up / Front load / Rear exit
- Straight paper path
The M40 scanner contains a single component image sensor that is the full width of the scanner and has long life LED Bi-directional illumination. Full width image capture, as opposed to time delayed scanning of separate sections, means less risk of misalignment of scan data. LED's require virtually no warm up time and provide a wide and consistent color gamut, with low power consumption and there is less potential for shadowing at creases or folds. A single driven hold up roller provides even pressure across the scan width which means originals are less susceptible to folds or creases.
SmartWorks MFP Software
SmartWorks MFP gives you the tools you'll need to quickly and easily scan to print / file / share large format technical documents. With a simple to use interface and unique scan-it-once ability, SmartWorks MFP allows for efficient batch scanning and helps create quality scanned images that are produced in a short amount of time. Scan to PDF, TIFF and JPEG file formats. SmartWorks MFP software is now more efficient than ever before.
- Scan lengths of up to 315" (26 ft) for PDF and JPG files, and up to 590" (49 ft) for TIFF files
- Ability to add custom presets with one-touch retrieval for those often-used settings
- New image enhancements for white point adjust, black point adjust, sharpen, mirror, and invert
- Full integration with Canon Digital Print & Share cloud software
Users have more control over their workflow with access to editing functions such as invert, mirror, and black and white point adjustments. Custom presets help users control the scanner and increase control over printer settings.
SmartWorks MFP Plus Software
Available as an optional add-on to SmartWorks MFP, this software includes many additional features to help enhance your multi-function workflow. Added features include:
- Scan to multipage PDF and PDF/A
- Ability to open and print non SmartWorks MFP PDF files (through Direct Print & Share)
- RGB Color Adjustment capabilities in preview mode
- Auto crop feature that removes printer margins from a scan to create a true 1:1 ratio"
iPF840 44" Large-Format Printer
Designed for technical and office applications, Canon's 5-color dye/pigment Reactive Ink technology utilizes four highly colorfast dye inks for producing bold, expressive color, plus two channels of black ink for printing precise lines, smooth curves, and small text on technical and office documents. A High Chrome Magenta ink helps produce crisp and vibrant red lines and texts, while also widening the color gamut in the red and orange spectrums. The iPF840 printer is capable of producing an A0 print in approximately 42 seconds! Help reduce total ink consumption by utilizing the Economy Print Mode for producing draft prints on select media, which regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots while minimizing the cost per print. The iPF840 printer has the capability of accommodating 330ml and 700ml ink tanks4, geared towards lowering the cost per print. The iPF840 printer comes with a portable catch basket; the integrated stacker is capable to sacking up to twenty 24" x 36" plain paper prints. The iPF840 printer two-media roll system's automatic roll switching feature gives this printer the ability to do long continuous printing and produce mismatched paper sizes making it an ideal high volume solution.
All-in-One HD Multi-touch PC
An All-in-One HD multi-touch PC is included in the system, helping to make it easy for the user to view accurate previews. This simple-to-use touch screen makes one-button scanning/copying easier than ever, and the embedded USB ports provide a user with easy access.
The user can choose whether to place the monitor on the right or left side of the stand, as well as whether to use a straight or swing-arm orientation. When the monitor is set up using a swing-arm orientation, it can be positioned in two different heights.
Direct Print & Share
Sharing ideas has never been easier with Canon's Direct Print & Share software. Direct Print and Share is a cloud portal and batch printing solution that helps you to expand your printing workflow. Available as a free download, this software allows you to upload documents to your account using any WebDAV compliant cloud service, and have these documents printed from almost anywhere. Easily share and/or print .cpfx PosterArtist, PDF, TIFF, JPEG, and HP-GL/2 files, through the user-friendly interface. In addition, you can set-up hot folders on your desktop by clicking the Shortcut Print feature, then simply drag and drop the files you wish to print into these folders and the job will start automatically. You can even set up multiple folders, each with their own customized settings, allowing for multiple jobs to be run with ease.
imagePROGRAF Print Utility
imagePROGRAF Print Utility is Canon's mobile app for wireless printing via an Apple© iPad© to an imagePROGRAF printer. Through use of the app, users have the ability to preview their PDF,JPEG and PNG file, utilize some of the great basic settings seen in their Canon Printer Driver such as selecting the paper size, number of copies, orientation, and quality, and then send their print to one of the imagePROGRAF 5-Color Printers sharing the same network. imagePROGRAF Print Utility is available for download free of charge through the iTunes® App Store℠.
Automatically tracks how much ink and media is being consumed when printing. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on "cost of goods". The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel so the data can be used for billing purposes. Captured data includes:
- Job Cost (ink, Media and variable cost inputted by user)
- Ink Consumed per Job*
- Media Consumed per Job
- Job Completion time
- And more
*Ink usage is estimated, and error tolerance is ±15%
Canon Printer Driver
These Windows® and Macintosh® drivers incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate while still giving even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive.
The Real Preview feature helps ensure that the print setting and the layout on the roll paper is correct by providing real time preview, allowing users to change the print setting even after clicking on "print." The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of various types (available for both Windows® and Macintosh® drivers).
The imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature built-in to the printer driver lets users transfer data from their Color imageRUNNER device with Universal Send to the imagePROGRAF printer - all with the touch of a button - enabling users to easily create posters from hard copy documents.
At a Glance:
- Easy-to-use preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Real Preview that lets users change document and printer settings after clicking "print"
- Page nesting feature with Free Layout for Windows® and Macintosh®
- imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature - with a hot folder solution to print Color imageRUNNER PDFs directly
- Economy Print Mode
- Borderless printing
- Easy setting/Advanced setting
- Optimized module for AutoCAD
Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software helps users quickly and easily creates professional large format posters. Users simply follow the program's four easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as office presentations, trade shows, retail signage, and much, much more. The program includes pre-designed templates suited for a wide variety of markets, as well as royalty free images and clip art. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button.
For those with more demanding poster creation needs, Canon's optional PosterArtist offers advanced features such as Auto Design, Variable Data, and in-application image editing features, as well as additional templates, royalty-free photos, and clip art. The built-in weblink feature in PosterArtist Lite links users directly to the PosterArtist website for useful hints and tips, and for even more free content for download.
New features include:
- Direct Print & Share cloud portal support
- New file format to allow for easy sharing of poster files
Print Plug-in for Microsoft Office
This utility makes it easy to print large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The Plug-in appears in a tool bar inside the Microsoft application and has an easy-to-follow "Wizard". The Plug-in will bypass the printer driver to simplify the printing process. A few simple steps convert your 8.5" x 11" office document to poster size."
|Number of Ink Colors||5 Colors|
|Scanner max Bit Depth||48 Bit RGB|
|Max Monochrome Scan Speed (inches per second)||13 ips|
|Max Color Scan Speed (inches per second)||3 ips|
|Warranty||1 year parts and labor (on-site), 1 year extended available, 2 year extended available|